Sunday, January 30, 2011

Re-found Treasure

This week has flown passed in a blur.  3D students have elected to focus on 2D this semester. I think they believe it will be easier — well yes and no is the answer to that.  We will see. 

Several years ago I purchased Disney's Snow White for the grand children to see.  I brought it  to school the other day because I wanted to show the seven dwarfs walking. I felt it would be an excellent example of the walk cycle showing personality.  I had bought the collector's edition so there was an extra DVD with extra material on it.  Last Friday was the first time I actually went through that material.  What a goldmine.

Remembering that this was the first full length animated feature from Disney or anyone else at the time.  Also it must be remembered that it was received with rave reviews and cause a stir similar to Star Wars. The first thing I saw was a history of the Disney and that particular film as it was re-released over the years.  That in itself was worth the extra disk.  But also contained were many scenes shown with their story board at the same time for comparison.  WOW is all that I can say.  I can't say how excited I am to find this gem that was in my collection all this time.  What a teaching tool.  This will be the selection for Movie Monday this coming week.


Oh we will still show the seven dwarfs but the week after....

No comments:

Post a Comment